Hi,
guys, I have two lists of coordinates(x,y,z) one sorted by x and
another sorted by y. I
have have to extract the common elements in these two lists. One way
would be to take the smaller list and check every element in that with
the other longer list. so that would take O(nlogn) time.(for n elements
of smaller array [O(n)] and to make comparison with the sorted
array[O(logn)]). If I have made any mistakes in my analysis, I am
sorry, I am new to this....

My question is :Is there a faster way to do this? ie to extract the
common elements? Any
specific algorithm for doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.