Hi fellow programmers,

I have some code that appears syntactically correct to me, however
when i compile in on the Unversitites UNIX server, find that i get a
couple of errors that really do not make sense to me. Hence, i thought
i should post it on a forum and get somebodies expert opinion. Here is
the code snipped:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void insert_sort(int a[],int n)

int main()
{
    int i;
        int array[INDEX] = {6,4,2,5,1,2,8,3,7,9};

        printf("Before the sort:\n");

        for(int i=0;i<INDEX;i++)
                printf("%d", array[i]);
                printf("\n");

        insert_sort(array,INDEX);
        printf("After the sort:\n");

        for(int i=0;i<INDEX;i++)
         printf("%d \n", array[i]);

    return 0;

}

void insert_sort(int a[],int n)
{
        int j, p;
        int tmp;

        for(p = 1; p < n; p++)
        {
                tmp = a[p];
                for(j = p; j > 0 && a[j-1] > tmp; j--)
                a[j] = a[j-1];
                a[j] = tmp;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is also a copy of the cryptic code message:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Wk2]$ clearcc -ansi -Wall -o -Pendatic
sorting_array.c
sorting_array.c: In function `insert_sort':
sorting_array.c:9: warning: 'main' is usually a function
sorting_array.c:9: error: syntax error before '{' token
sorting_array.c:11: error: `INDEX' undeclared (first use in this
function)
sorting_array.c:11: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
sorting_array.c:11: error: for each function it appears in.)
sorting_array.c:11: confused by earlier errors, bailing out