This problem I think can be solved using strong induction!
My proof:
The total number of positions we can align the inner circle with the outer
circle is 200.
Let's try to calculate the total number of matches over all 200 alignments.

For each sector of the inner circle, it would match 100 of them of the outer
circle since there are 100 reds and whites on the outer circle. Therefore
total number of matches is 200*100 .

Therefore the average number of matches is 200*100/100 = 100. Therefore
there exists one alignment where atleast 100 of them  match. Let me know if
anyone has trouble understanding the solution ( i feel I didnt make it
clear) . But I am sure it's right :)

regards,
Pradeep