My original concern with that logic for odd N is whether the +2 honest
majority would be maintained in the N-1 sample that we take to the
next round (since the odd man out might be honest).  However, I see
now that this is of no concern, because if N is odd we will have a +3
majority (coming from previous round we know we'll have at least +2,
but since N is odd we can't have exactlky +2, it has to be at least
+3), and after setting one guy aside the remaining profs will have at
least +2.

Bob H