whence this question was asked to me... i was doing a lot of
calculations ... but the body language of the person who questioned me
suggested that there is some trick in it...

so i answered 1/2...

 and it proved to be right ...and i somehow convinced him of the way i
found out the answer

but i dont have an explanation...now i tried to build up an
explanation but could nt come up with a convincing one...

so looking forward to some of the best explanations :)