I think this problem can be reduced to:

For a particular element in Superblock, find all the subblocks which
contains next element or the NULL. For example, take first element i.e. 7,
we need to find all the blocks which has 7 and has 3 or NULL as its next
element in the subblock.

Now suppose in first iteration, we found n1 subblocks which has either 7 or
7 and 3 (consecutively), If the next element is NULL, we include this
subblock in final count otherwise we keep these subblocks for next iteration
because subblock which are bad for first element are not good for other
elements also.

Thanks,

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Aditya Shankar <iitm.adityashan...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>    Consider the sequence 1,2,3,4,5,6...,n. There are n^2 blocks, so the
> question may not be correct.
>

> Regards
> Aditya Shankar

Dinesh Bansal
The Law of Win says, "Let's not do it your way or my way; let's do it the
best way."