Hi All,

I have one question about Hashing.

Say I have one Hash table where
index Hash_function(key) function will return index value of
corresponding string/key.
Hash_insert(key) function it will take key and get converted index
value using Hash_function(key) and insert into two dimensional

Array[index][data] ->
[1]["Hello"]
[2]["ss"]
[3]["World"]

To deal with collision we will use Liner probing or a separate
function which will increment the index to next location in array if
collision occurred.

I understand, to lookup or search value/data we need to use
Hash_function again to get index and then search in array/table.

My question is -> in case of Liner probing, how we will retrieve the
data corresponding to key?

Lets say, there are keys  "Hello" and "World". and Hash_function will
return 1 as index for both so collision occurred. And Hash_insert will
insert "World" at index 3 as 2 is already filled.

Now how searching function will retrieve correct data?

Liner probing is described here ->
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/software/AlgAnim/hash_tables.html
Hope I am clear. Thanks in advance.

Regards,