On 11 April 2010 21:56, Rohit Saraf <rohit.kumar.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Time complexity is O(n log n). But the last solution I gave has O(n).
>
> What did u not understand abt the solution
> Median of medians is a decent algorithm for extracting the kth element( an
> element of kth rank ).

    I asked to find all elements with rank 1 to k (kth smallest elements)
which would take O(kn). I was looking forward to innovative approaches other
than what stated in Cormen.

Rohit Saraf
Second Year Undergraduate,
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
IIT Bombay
http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~rohitfeb14<http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/%7Erohitfeb14>