@Anand:
> Let me know your input we can modify it accordingly.
I have already mentioned it in previous posts.. for your sake I ll do it
again..
Input is a a map of a small area..(some college campus)..it can be in the
form of an image, osm format (www.openstreetmap.org) or in the kml format (
maps.google.com) for that particular region...
So creating distance matrix is the problem.. I do not want to do it
manually(ie finding the distance of each node/dept from other nodes manually
and then updating the distance matrix).. so i was thinking of writing an
algorithm which takes the input and creates the distance matrix... which is
the main challenge in this project.
I request you to join the group..(http://groups.google.co.in/group/*
optiroute* <http://groups.google.co.in/group/optiroute> ) so that we discuss
about this there..instead of spamming this group..

@Sidhartha: we will face following problems if we use open Route Service:
              1) we ll have to zoom in to the place everytime we
open/refresh the page.
              2) and the main thing is it works only for Europe.
thanks for the help by the way. why dont you also join the group..
http://groups.google.co.in/group/*optiroute*<http://groups.google.co.in/group/optiroute>