Think hard!  It's for a slightly different problem, but the same
algorithm works fine.  It converts an arbitrarily skewed tree to a
perfectly balanced tree. So you can just walk the two input trees,
deconstruct them into sorted lists (a fully skewed tree is just a
list). Merge the two lists into a single sorted list (as you do in
mergesort), then use this to build a new, perfectly balanced tree.
Please don't make me code this...