Thanks everyone for putting in ur efforts..

@lingerdave -
the array is not sorted..

@ Dave -

although the equations will ultimately solve the problem
but I guess it will get tedious and may also go out of bounds
in case of the 4th power equation..

As for the other method of placing the number at its index using a
temp variable,
that'll be great.. without requirement of extra space..

@Nikhil -

Thanks for that method.. it saves space but as vijay pointed out it
would alter the array..
I dnt know to wht extent that would be permitted but not a bad
thought..
Its a good application of the same logic we use wen we tk an
additional array..