@Ashim,
Dunno... you can call it Salil's Puzzle if you like ;-)
afaik. its been listed in KT book Randomized algorithms chapter.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Ashim Kapoor <ashimkap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the name of this famous puzzle ?
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Salil Joshi <joshi.sali...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> The puzzle needs to be rephrased as:
>> "If the rank of the student who comes out of the classroom is better
>> than ranks of all students who came out before him/her, then he/she
>> gets a lollipop".
>> Rephrased this way, this is a famous puzzle, and the answer is
>> log(69).
>>

>> On Nov 22, 12:44 pm, shiva <shivanand.kadwad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > If all the person got his rank increased except the first(he is last
>> > know)  then
>> >
>> > 1. if the previous first ranked person stand front in queue then  69
>> > lollipop need to be distributed.
>> > 2. other case 68 lollipop need to be distributed.

>> get
>> the
>> first

>> prev

>> students
>> asks them to
>> them
>> rank of a
>> him/ her a
>> queue
>> random
>> headmaster
>> students in

>> <algogeeks%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com<algogeeks%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>

>> <algogeeks%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com<algogeeks%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>

--------
Thanks & Regards
Salil Joshi.
CSE MTech II, IITB
A-414, Hostel 12
+91.9819.442.865

This is a confidential E-Mail. If it has reached you by mistake or if you
are not the intended receiver, please send it back to me.