@saurabh

u might be a genius bt for ur kind information this is the group for
learners... this group is a place where people come to learn new tricks, put
their ideas and ask doubts.. so it would have been better if u had put your
response rather than discouraging anyone from asking doubts..
while putting this problem i had the nlogn approach in my mind as pointed by
vivek. but i wanted a better approach O(n) as it exist for the sum problem
where sum=x. so i posted it here.. it does not mean if u know a solution
than the problem is   solved. there is always a chance of optimization which
u can learn only by discussing...
u could simply delete mail if u find it so simple..
and everybody has his own style.. now a days i was solving algorithm
problems from various blogs and sites so i posted all my doubts in one go...