An insurance company issues a policy on a small boat under the following
conditions:
The replacement cost of $5000 will be paid for a total loss. If it is not a
total loss,
but the damage is more than $2000, then $1500 will be paid. Nothing will be
paid for damage costing $2000 or less and of course nothing is paid out if
there
is no damage. The company estimates the probability of the first three
events
as .02, .10, and .30 respectively. The amount the company should charge for
the
policy if it wishes to make a profit of $50 per policy on average is:
a) $250
b) $201
c) $300
d) $1200