@Algoose

I said ..*.For every node x,go to the last node in its left subtree and mark
the right child of that node as x.*

it is to be repeated for all nodes except leaf nodes.
to apply this approach ,you need to go down the tree.No parent pointers
required.
for every node say x whose left sub tree is not null ,go to the largest node
in left sub-tree say y.
Set  y->right = x
y is the last node to be processed in left sub-tree of x hence x is
successor of y.