@nphard,see the following approach carefully to know *if right pointer is
pointing to right child or in order successor*
*
*Q = node->right
IF (Q is not NULL)
{
        /*Determine if Q is node's right child or successor*/
        /*Q is inorder successor of node*/
        IF (Q->left == node OR Q->left->val < node->val)
        /*Q is the right child of node*/
       ELSE IF (Q->left == NULL or Q->left->val > node->right)

1. Q->left is smaller than or equal to node if Q is Inorder Successor of
node
2. Q->left is either NULL or Q->left is greater than node if Q is right
child of node
*
*Hence* in order traversal of right threaded BST without flag* is possible