Here is my "attempt" it's very naive but maybe someone can improve

each object be a pointer to a set of points { these points are the boundary
of the object }

Collision detection : Sweep through each pair of pointers to check for
equality of the boundary points.

an example , there are 3 objects a1,a2,a3.

a1={p1,p2,....,pn}
a2={q1,....,qn1}
a3={r1,...,rn2}

for each pair ai,aj we have to check if any 2 points in the corressponding
lists are equal

the question then becomes What is the fastest way to compare through n
arrays.

I dont have a sophisticated way of doing this. Maybe someone can help me ?