For the following question  :
 There is an array and the distance between any two consequent elements is
one(+1 or -1) and given a number. You have to check whether the number is in
array or not with minimum complexity.

Assuming the array may not be sorted, the following algo can be used:
Let a[] be the array of size "size" and n be the element to be searched.
1. If a[0]==n
       return yes
  else if( |n-a[0]| >size)
      return no
  else
      call this function recursively with pointer to array pointing to the
next element.

Any problems with this solution, Plz let me know