@Sunny. You are reading too much into that. There is no mention that
the data are 32-bit integers. Perhaps they are big integers. What we
know is that the data are not characters, real numbers, rational
numbers, floating point, etc.

Your algorithm is O(n*w), where w is the word size. As I said, a
divide-and-conquer algorithm can find the missing number in O(n).
Furthermore, this is independent of the word size.

Dave