Hence shown never play cricket when someone in the group is stronger than
the whole team together,,,:D
Anyways my original solution was not taking into account that players can be
excluded.(Thats unfair in a real scenario ryt?)
Its a classical 0/1 knapsack problem which can be implemented either as a
greedy solution or dp,,,,

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Amol Sharma <amolsharm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @saurabh: see this case
> input 100, 1, 1, 1,1
>
> your algo -
> group 1 - 100
> group 2 - 1 1 1 1
>
> but the group with 2 equal strength can be formed as
> G1 - 1 1
> G2 - 1 1 or 1 1 each...
> i mean it is not necessary to take all the people.....but your algo takes
> the the person with max strength at start....which is not correct......there
> will be many cases where it will fail....
>
> it might be correct if it is compulsory to take all the persons in the two
> groups
>
> a knapsack dp solution will be the best for this particular problem...if u
> can thin of any other approach then suggest !!
>
> P.S : Sorry for replying after such a long time  :P
>
> --
>

> Amol Sharma
> Third Year Student
> Computer Science and Engineering