@Rahul: No, no, no. If you double the people and don't change the
number of days, you double the number of paintings. Similarly, if you
double the number of days and don't change the number of people, you
double the number of paintings. The number of paintings is _jointly
proportional_ to the number of people and the number of days. Thus,
paintings = constant * people * days.

We can use the given data to solve for the constant: 5/2 = c * 5/2 *
5/2, so c = 2/5.

Finally, 25 = 2/5 * people * 25, so people = 5/2.

Dave