I think @Don meant this....

For a *"New Text Document.py"* in my folder I am running this script in
python

File = open("New Text Document.py",'r')
data = File.readlines()
print 1
value = int(data[2].split(" ")[1])
print value
File.close()
File = open("New Text Document.py",'w')
value += 1
data[2]="print "+str(value)+'\n'
for i in data:
    File.writelines(i)
File.close()

This prints a new value every time the program runs... The only catch is
that you have to shut the program after running it once and then again
restart it.. Please tell if there is any error

Naman Kohli
Roll No. 2009027