@atul:
on the first look, even I thought the same.. O(log N).. and this is may be
true for the given precision.

*[-- the following may not be related to given qn.] -- but.. can u comment
on this view point..*
but.. I am thinking that, the complexity is dependent on the level of
precision required.

like, even for a value of sqrt(11), and the number of digits needed for
precision is 100 digits, and the averaging method (bisecting method) just
correctly find each digit precision every step, so...

complexity in my case.. come to O(X), X - amount of precision needed. (i
know this is of not much use for many cases.. a precision of 1000 digit's)