I donno what and why are you talking about.

     Follow the advise and learn the way , you want to. Coz, things are
there where we NEED pointer, its not a additional luxury we have in
programming lang, its the necessity.  So if some body wanna turn their head
off bcoz its complex, hard than there are alternative lang like Java but
when and if people are involved in project which are core technology and
they are genuine engineer, than they cannot keep ourself off from this.