what ever data members,member functions present in super class are
applicable to subclass...subclass may contain more additional
features....so its obvious that size of subclass object is more than
superclass object...now lets take an analogy of float(4 bytes) and double(
8 bytes) float can be implicitly converted into double( as float size is
less when compared to double) but not vice versa....then why is this not
applicable to superclass object and subclass object(as size of superclass
object is less when compared to subclass)? please tell if am wrong!

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM, subramony mahadevan <subums...@gmail.com>wrote:

> i think its just a logical reason .... take animal as superclass bird as
> subclass ... since we are talking about inheritance it is " is a
> relationship " ie bird is a animal not vice versa hence we cannot
> implicitly convert to subclass
>

> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM, sulekha metta <metta.sule...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Q) why super class object can't be  implicitly converted to subclass? is
>> there any specific reason?
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> --
>> sulekha metta