Audacity 2.3.0 has recently been released. One of its new features is punch and
roll recording, which enables you to easily correct mistakes immediately after
you've made them.
This is a link to the Windows installer:
https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html/audacity-win-2.3.0.exe

I've updated my Jaws guide to Audacity to cover this release, and it's
available here
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-2.3.0-Guide.html
Nearly all the guide is also applicable to users of NVDA and Window-Eyes.

Note that if you're using the Jaws script for Audacity, some parts of it don't
yet work with this latest version of Audacity.

David.