From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Georgina Joyce
Sent: 12 May 2020 14:41
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Microphones for Zoom

Hello John,

They don’t cut out sharply it’s usually shown as a heart shape tapering down to
the point. Obviously, Andy has done some research and his post caused me to do
so as I use a shotgun in the booth. Andy did not want ambient sound. He wanted
to record bird song from his garden. Unless he lives in a huge estate it is not
going to be that wide of a field. I found that bird watchers use a shotgun mic
although this is with a camera. Even professional sound recordist uses a
shotgun. See this:

https://www.audubon.org/news/a-beginners-guide-recording-bird-vocalizations

Regards,

Gena