Thanks Barry, I think I have it now.
Howard

On 6/8/2020 4:53 PM, Barry Chapman wrote:
Hi Howard,

When in CDEX, press F4. Arrow up or down to Encoders. Tab and you will come to
options for the bit rate, VBR etc. The time it takes to rip might have
something to do with your quality setting which you will come to if you keep
tabbing. The higher the quality setting, the longer it will take. I set mine to
high.

Regards,
Barry Chapman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard
Traxler
Sent: Tuesday, 9 June 2020 7:08 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] CDEX

Thanks, guys, for all your help. But now:
This thing takes from 20 to 30 minutes to rip a 45 minute CD.  It used
to work a lot faster when I did it on my XP machine.  Have I got
something set wrong?  And I'd like to rip at a fixed rate of 128, but
it's giving me a variable bit rate.  How can I fix that?