>I am wanting to know wether there is some way I can get rid of these < 1ms
>XRuns ?

do note, hwoever, that it could easily be your application desing that
is the problem.

this:

>while ((frameCount=dd->audio.readAudio()) && dd->audio.active){
>       int written;
>        written=snd_pcm_writei(dd->pcm,
>                   &(*dd->audio.windows.current())[0],
>                       frameCount);
>
>      if (written == -EAGAIN || written >= 0) {
>       snd_pcm_wait(dd->pcm, 1000);

is a rather unusual design, and one that may not work reliably.

i suspect that you may not be writing chunks of the correct size to
the PCM device. by delaying for 1000msecs when you have no idea what
the amount of data that could not written, you are pretty much
ensuring that xruns will happen from time to time.

--p