Hi Thomas,

At Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:18:42 +0100,
Thomas Tonino wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
>

> >- Disable all "IEC958 *" switches except for "IEC958 Output  Switch"
> > (probably "IEC958 5V" too)
> >- run "aplay -Dhw:0,2 foo.wav" and get dump from
> >  /proc/asound/card0/cmipci.
> >
> This works: I get output on analog and on spdif. Hurray!

Yeah, good to know!

> Some further experiments: setting iec958 in monitor to M mutes the
> analog out ((replaced by the spdif input? doesn't work, isn't this label
> working in reverse btw?), but I cannot hear the incoming spdif signal on
> analog out, no matter what settings I try. This is with optical and
> electrical connected at the same time.

On mine, the signal comes to analog when both "IEC958 In Monitor" and
"IEC958 Output Switch" are on.

> But, we have the same level of functionality as OSS. Good!
>
> Still, the Mix Analog option does not work. Gives full scale output on
> the DAT VU meter. No sound though - looks like full scale DC.

Ok, i'll remove this switch for the cards later than model 39.
Looks like this working only for the old chips..

> >If it still doesn't work, try to swap channel 0 and channel 1 by
> >changing the definition around line 297 like below:
> >
> >#define CM_CH_PLAY   1       // 0 as default
> >#define CM_CH_CAPT   0       // 1 as default
> >
> Didn't try this.

Not necessary now.  It seems that the assignment of channel is not
involved with the problem.

> By the way, would it make sense to have the hw:0,2 device as default? It
> uses the same analog out as the normal output, but enables spdif. Or
> will this break cards without spdif?

I'll work on it.

ciao,