On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kevin Conder wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kevin Conder wrote:
> > > The
> > > last time I checked, the ALSA developers were adding doxygen comments to
> > > the source code.
> >
> > The best part of javadoc is that it adds very little overhead.
>
>       I'm confused. Is the ALSA project using javadoc or doxygen?

doxygen, but the core of both systems is same, although doxygen is a bit
more enhanced.

> > This may sound pessimistic, but a fact is that lots of time went to
> > writing API docs for ALSA 0.3, 0.4 and 0.5. That time could have been
> > instead spent on working on the code.
>
>       Are you implying that writing documentation is a waste of time?

We all know that it's not wasting time. Unfortunately, our group is not
very big and documentation process is not very quick at the moment. We
welcome any patches / additions / corrections regarding alsa-lib
documentation. I think that I put my ideas about documentation structure
to our current sources (the result is available at
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/)

We welcome any real documetation volunteers.

SuSE Linux    http://www.suse.com
ALSA Project  http://www.alsa-project.org