ALSA is not an easy code base to come to grips with so we should apply the kiss rule
(keep it simple stupid) to help newbies coders get their heads around it.

>From my perspective the comments are not standardised enough. I haven't checked the
>code for a couple of months but last time I looked each file had a different approach
>to where and when comments were added.

IMO if the developers could agree on a standard layout for every file then new
developers would have much more chance of understanding how things work. Simply a
matter of repetition.

Apart from that what are the job requirements of an ALSA web maintainer and a
documentation leader?

EG.

- How many hours per week are expected?
- What are the knowledge requirements?
- What are the legalities?
- What are the target responsibilties?
- What are the benefits?

I am interested in the web site maintainer depending on the above requirements.

As long as I can add it to my resume.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur