On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Ivica Bukvic wrote:
> I am, however, baffled by what you had to say. Crystal company claims
> complete Linux "friendliness"

What is claimed and what is provided is two completely different things.
Crystal still does not provide complete documentation for CS4630.

> and I've seen several sites which carry detailed specs of the CS4205
> chip in PDF file, so I am not sure what aspect of the sound chip is
> missing for such information to be complete.

CS4205 is purely a standard AC97 codec, it's only an AD/DA convertor and
mixer. The real soundchip is in your laptop southbridge -- the intel
82901. So use the alsa 'intel8x0' driver.

> Also, is there a way to contact Crystal company and request additional
> info?

IIRC there are some crystal guys on the list. They have promised some
future solution to the CS4630 problem but nothing has happened yet.

> P.S. What about Yamaha/Intel 753 chip that is found in the Toshiba
> Satellite 5005's?

All yamaha 75x should be supported with the alsa 'ymfpci' driver.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]