On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> What command line do you use for aplay, alsaplayer.

$ alsaplayer foo.mp3

Will play on the front speakers.

$ alsaplayer -Dhw:0,2 foo.mp3

Will play on the rear speakers.

I had almost this exact same conversation on this mailing list last month
and we came to the conclusion that there is no way to get the output to
default to both the front and rear speakers with the current setup.

Adam