On 2002.03.16 03:47 Andrea Venturi (personale) wrote:
> don't know if useful to anyone.. but it's a real pity to see the cirrus
> dsp couldn't be exploited to its "real" power by lack of a single cirrus
> people! :-(

    Just checked out the aforementioned code. It doesn't compile
`flawlessly'
(hey, it's beta code), but it does in fact do what it says it does. There's
a mixer for the CS4294 codec, some S/PDIF hooks (though no output, it
seems),
and the rear speakers do indeed follow the front output (using the
``enable_twocodecs=1" module parameter).
    I'm don't have very advanced knowledge of sound drivers, but am
intenet on
learning. If anyone is willing and able to develop these drivers, I'm just
throwing my name out as willing to assist in any way.

    And if he's listening, a big thanks to Thomas Woller for releasing
this.

-- Peter Heatwole
"Murphy was just a well known pessimist."