>     I'm don't have very advanced knowledge of sound drivers, but am
> intenet on
> learning. If anyone is willing and able to develop these
> drivers, I'm just throwing my name out as willing to assist
> in any way.

I have written custom drivers for Embedded Platforms on Linux
along with modifications to drivers under OSS.  I am willing
body to help as my personal time allows.  I'll email you back
in a few weeks when I be more ready to invest some serious
time into this project.  Works a little hellish right now,
and the weathers picking up.

I recently bought the Hercules Game Theatre XP (It has the CS4630)
so I am able to test on that too.

and the only feature under linux that it didn't have that I would
use is coaxial out.  I have not had a chance yet to try out the
newer kernels that have ALSA instead of OSS.  (2.4.18 worked beautifully
for me minus Digital out on OSS).

Later,
--
Brad Remedios ([EMAIL PROTECTED])