Markus Plail wrote:

>Hi Takashi!
>
>* Takashi Iwai writes:
>

>>Markus, could you try the latest cvs version, which fixes the "real"
>>behavior, whether digital out works?  if it doesn't work again, then
>>definitely GPOUT0 is the spot.
>>

>It doesn't work with latest CVS.
>

>>looking at OSS source codes, i found GPOUT0 is necessary only for 5.1
>>cards (and seems for Audigy too - i need to fix again).
>>so i'm not sure whether we can determine it from revision number.
>>

>Someone should test if the version which is doing fine here, is also OK
>on other revisions of the card, so 'we' could just leave the 'else
>statement' away. James has a rev06 to check it, for example.
>
>Regards
>Markus

There are several different versions of the SB Live.
My SB Live rev06 is not a SB Live 5.1, so it has 2 audio stereo output
jacks, one for front, one for rear, and then a spdif jack. The spdif
jack is not switchable between analogue and digital. It is fixed at digital.

Maybe the rev07 card is a SB Live 5.1, which has a switchable
digital/analogue spdif jack, so it can output on 3 analogue stereo
jacks, or with a switch (maybe GPOUT) it changes the 3rd analogue out
jack into an spdif digital only jack.

Does this info help at all?

Cheers
James