Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>There are several different versions of the SB Live.
>>My SB Live rev06 is not a SB Live 5.1, so it has 2 audio stereo output
>>jacks, one for front, one for rear, and then a spdif jack. The spdif
>>jack is not switchable between analogue and digital. It is fixed at digital.
>>

>does "Digital/Analog Jack" switch affects the behavior on your digital
>jack?  i guess it doesn't.
>if it doesn't affect, then we can switch this bit safely on all
>cards.
>

>Takashi

My SB Live (non 5.1) does not have a Digital/Analog Jack, it just has a
Digital Jack, so I would prefer that the Digital/Analogue Switch in
alsamixer was removed for rev06 cards and below, but present for rev7
cards and above.

Currently, toggling the alsamixer Digital/Analogue Switch has no effect
what so ever.

I think this rev07 passthru issue might have been the user just not
knowing about the Digital/Analogue switch in alsamixer.

Cheers
James