Paul Davis wrote:
>>I'm looking into ways to automate the modules options component file for
>> the docs.
>>
>>At the moment I am considering using perl or mysql. Does anyone know
>>which is easier to setup to do the following.
>>
>>Parse the INSTALL file for a module name.
>>Return the info for that module.
>>
>>Then either
>>
>>Write the module info to a temp file which is inserted into the template
>>
>> or
>>
>>insert the module info into the template.
>

> i would personally work from a complete set of snd-* modules, and use
> modinfo(1) + perl to get the information

Isn't that what happens in the INSTALL file anyway?

> and put that into the temp
> file that is inserted into the template, or if possible, put it
> straight into the template.

IIRC doing the above would need access to a set of modules online. Seems
unneccesary when the INSTALL file is already available.

But I'm willing to be told otherwise if it makes the info more reliable.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur