On Monday 06 January 2003 18.24, Martin Langer wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 04:46:47PM +0100, Anders Torger wrote:
> > The rme32 driver is based on the rme96 driver, so I suppose Martin
> > may be interested by this patch, but perhaps wait a while and see
> > if someone complains on this patch. It works fine for me though, so
> > far
> >
> > :-)
>
> I have to wait, because my external AD/DA converter is ATM out of
> order. So I have no possiblity for controlling my card behaviour ...
>
> But I have another related question:
> If the card is in slave mode without an input signal and I'm starting
> playing: Should the card jump into master mode therefore?

No, (I think) that is not necessary. I think it will go master
automatically (without changing the flag), since there is no clock to
synch against. If a cable with a valid signal is inserted while
playing, the sample rate will change to that on the input. I'm quite
sure that this is how it works, although I can't remember that I have
explicitly verified it.

/Anders Torger