--- Sebastian Kapfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Setting FD_CLOEXEC automatically doesn't make the
> library less powerful.
> You can still unset the flag yourself __if you
> really need the feature__
> of inherited ALSA FD's. But wouldn't FD_CLOEXEC be
> the "reasonable
> default" setting, which is correct for 99% of all
> applications?

Most of those "99% of all applications" don't spawn
child processes at all and so don't care one way or
another. (And did you know that 98.68% of all
statistics are invented ;-)?)

All of the remaining applications should be
considering what will happen to their resources on
exec(), and I see no reason why careless programmers
should have a few of their bugs swept under the rug
for them.

Chris