On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:50:01 +0100 (CET)
Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > All of the remaining applications should be
> > considering what will happen to their resources on
> > exec(), and I see no reason why careless programmers
> > should have a few of their bugs swept under the rug
> > for them.
>
> I fully agree here.

Can anyone comment on exactly how an alsa-lib client app should make
sure that exec'd processes don't inherit file handles? I can't find a
way to know the FD number which alsa-lib uses. snd_pcm_file_descriptor
is gone. What replaced it?

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!