On March 9, 2003 05:13 pm, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>       I have just released the 0.9.0rc8d version of the ALSA driver for
> tests. It should fix the trident problems as Paul noticed. If no major bug
> is reported until Tuesday, I will release the final packages.
>
>                                       Have fun,
>                                               Jaroslav

Hey,

I've brought this up a couple times, and It looked like Takashi was working on
it. I added alsa 0.5 and 0.9x rawmidi support to a library called Allegro
(alleg.sf.net) but since upgrading to alsa 9x (I also just installed the
latest release from alsa-project.org) the midi test app that comes with
allegro (and a midi player of mine...) will eventually (in a couple minutes)
eat up 100% cpu time. The allegro midi system has no problems with its
software synth, in OSS (or so I've heard), Windows, or any of the other
platforms it supports.

I have:
kernel 2.4.19 (+ preepmt patch)
latest alsa stuff