On March 10, 2003 03:15 am, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > On March 9, 2003 05:13 pm, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > >   I have just released the 0.9.0rc8d version of the ALSA driver for
> > > tests. It should fix the trident problems as Paul noticed. If no major
> > > bug is reported until Tuesday, I will release the final packages.
> > >
> > >                                   Have fun,
> > >                                           Jaroslav
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > I've brought this up a couple times, and It looked like Takashi was
> > working on it. I added alsa 0.5 and 0.9x rawmidi support to a library
> > called Allegro (alleg.sf.net) but since upgrading to alsa 9x (I also just
> > installed the latest release from alsa-project.org) the midi test app
> > that comes with allegro (and a midi player of mine...) will eventually
> > (in a couple minutes) eat up 100% cpu time. The allegro midi system has
> > no problems with its software synth, in OSS (or so I've heard), Windows,
> > or any of the other platforms it supports.
>
> I cannot find 0.9 code in your CVS tree.

Yes.. Thats becasue I couldn't get the driver to work, so I didn't submit all
my changes for alsa 0.9. You want me to send you the one driver file? (which
won't work on its own in the cvs.. I havent worked on the code in a while,
and even a patch I might generate will probably not apply to cvs. I've made a
few changes to the configure stuff to automatically detect the alsa version)
Or anything?

> Note: Don't use the APPEND mode for single-byte writting. This mode is
> indended for full MIDI messages (including running state) otherwhise there
> is no guarantee that another application doesn't break the stream with
> other bytes.

Ok. I'll get that fixed.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom