At Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:16:18 -0400,
Paul Davis wrote:

> >It is something similar like "HTML" and "Java script". The first one is
> >good to describe the static part of web pages, but if you want something
> >dynamic, you have to use another embeded language.
>
> or use a real language for the whole thing. this is not the web. there
> is no reason to use a few lines of static container code (e.g. HTML)
> to wrap a real programming language (e.g. Java).

i agree with Paul.
of course, it's a pain that all configuration syntax is changed.
but for me, it looks far more consistent to describe the whole thing
with the same syntax.

well, you might consider the compatibility issue.  yes, that's another
big thing to discuss...

i believe, if we change the configuration syntax, it would be better
to branch the development tree (or jump the version number).
the current system works well already in many fields, so it's nice to
keep the stable series.