On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:25:25 +0000
James Courtier-Dutton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vladimir I. Umnov wrote:
> > Hw: a7n8x deluxe 2.0 (nforce2-c1 + MCP-T)
> > Sw: 2.6.0-test8, alsa-lib from cvs
> > lspci:
> > 00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown
> > device 006b (rev a2)        Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.:
> > Unknown device 0c11        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel,
> > latency 0, IRQ 5
> >         Memory at d7000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
> >         Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
> >
> > 00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown
> > device 006a (rev a1)        Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.:
> > Unknown device 8095        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel,
> > latency 0, IRQ 11
> >         I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
> >         I/O ports at d000 [size=128]
> >         Memory at d7087000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> >         Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
> >
> > Mplayer and xine used for testing in 6channels mode.
> > Channels mapping stays wrong after:
> > 1) snd_pcm_drop() called (seeking and quit);
> > 2) after long time of playing in 6channels mode, even without x-run.
> >
> > p.s. My sblive works very well now, but my friends doesn't have
> > sblive and they want working 6channels audio under linux on nforce2.
> >
> > p.p.s. I may help with testing or finding a bug, but I need help. I
> > new to alsa-driver and can't understand how it works, and can't find
> > how snd_pcm_drop() implemented in i810 module.
> >

> Here is a simple speaker test program.
> I nicely tests different speaker layout modes.
>
> Read the readme.txt file that is with it on how to use it.
> If you still get the problem with this simple program, it is certainly
> a bug in alsa.
After channels scrolled (after a few seek in mplayer, then quit),
./speaker_test-Dsurround51-c 6 works wrong (Center->Front Left,
LFE->Front Right, ...).
But after I use "front" device and then repeat test with 6 channels
setup, channel mapping is ok.
If i press ctrl+c with 6channels test and then repeat it
(snd_pcm_drop()) scrool is apear, and after i run 3 times, channels
mapping is ok.

With sblive all works perfectly!!! This is alsa-driver bug.