Richard Lemon wrote:
Hi All,

This is one of the problems I have been seeing with the intel8x0 driver as well. The problem occurs when you call snd_pcm_start a second time after an xrun, or after you have shut down a program with ctl-c and started it again in the same console. I used the

If you close the console and open a new one the problem seems to go away!? I used the example code pcm.c from the alsa-lib test directory.

It occurs with both [nforce2 ALC650] combo and [Intel 82901EB-ICH5 Analog devices id 75].

I also have a problem when the drivers have been running for a long time (around 5 hours). Without an xrun the snd_pcm_delay() function starts returning impossible numbers. Checking drift against either rdtsc or gettimeofday() alsa starts giving me a 0.1 second per second drift.

I haven't got a machine I can set up for this style of kernel debugging unfortunately, so I am trying to code around these problems.

richard.

Would you be able to submit a small self contained (like the speaker-test code I submitted) source code that would reproduce the problem quickly.
I would expect that writing code to force xruns would be quite easy.
I have a ICH5 with ALC650 chip on Motherboard here, so I might be able to help you out if I could reproduce your problem.

Cheers
James

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email sponsored by: ApacheCon 2003, 16-19 November in Las Vegas. Learn firsthand the latest developments in Apache, PHP, Perl, XML, Java, MySQL, WebDAV, and more! http://www.apachecon.com/ _______________________________________________ Alsa-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-devel