Takashi Iwai wrote:

- PCM OSS emulation was fixed, e.g. mplayer delay problem should be
 fixed now.  Hopefully this doesn't introduce another bug...

Strange, the new version doesn't seem to behave any different than the last cvs version I tested (Nov-02) (is there maybe any reason why make install wouldn't properly update everything?). Skipping in mplayer or xmms sill takes half a second, mpg123 needs >30 seconds for starting playback as well as java-apps do. I still have a DMX6fire and am running gentoo with kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r5. If you need debugging infos please ask, I'm still not sure if the strace-info I sent you once was useful or not.

- some bugs in OSS-emulation library are fixed. please test!

Are any of those bugfixes related to the problems mentioned above? If not I don't really know where to start testing...

- dmix problems with xmms ALSA plugin is solved.

I think I can confirm that, I noticed some problems with sample rate conversion before that seem to be gone.

Again thanks a lot for your effort on these issues,
Steffen