> I think we need a similar extension to support Mandrake, after
> installation from the sources all modules in modules.conf where gone,
> except the ones from alsa.. :-)

I think the patch will fix mandrake too. I have the dubious honor of
being able to claim ownership of the original bug :-( Anything having a
/etc/redhat-release file but without having "Red Hat" inside would
trigger the bug.

The currently result with Mandrake would be to use the SuSE filter to
try to erase the oss preferences from modules.conf. If the RedHat filter
is better then another "if" could be added to the distro selection code
to include Mandrake.

-- Fernando