> Florin Andrei wrote :
> > Anyone using the latest RME HDSP 9632 driver in ALSA, while also using
> > the expansion cards? I mean, the newer AI4S-192 and/or AO4S-192 which
> > are required to get the 192kHz sampling on all analogs.
> >
> > Do the latest expansion cards (192kHz) work with the latest ALSA driver?
> >
> > In general, are the ALSA drivers ready to support any kind of expansion
> > cards on the HDSP 9632 / HDSP 9652?
> >

> Hi Florin,
>
> Support is there, but as of today and as far as I know this is untested.
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks so much for your RME 9632 driver and your fantastic mixer utilities.
I have a 9632 now and also the 4 port analogue expansion card.

I haven't had time to try and get any sound out of it yet!  However, it is
detected correctly in the mixer, and the driver thinks that there are 4
extra channels.  I need to get some jack socket convertors to get some sound
out, but will let you know.

I have a few usability comments with regards to the drivers that I would
like to share, will draft a fuller email later, but basically I am using it
as a hifi input for music, nothing else, but I'm frequently getting very
jittery & broken up audio (guessing that the default alsa buffer/latency
size is really tiny?) and not many input formats are supported which means
that the plug driver is usually required (not a huge problem though).  It
would also be extremely nice to have some simple mixer controls available
for compatibility with older/simpler apps.  In particular a fake master
mixer which reduces all channels would be extremely desirable (I'm hoping to
use the card for a surround sound output)

Thanks for your work on this, it is very much appreciated.

Ed W